Before 1897, no public library existed. However, there was a reading room rented by the village for $4.00 per month in the home of the local shoemaker. Here the villagers could read various newspapers, journals, and magazines.

A vote took place in the Orange Hall, January 5, 1897 and as a result, the electors of Sundridge gave their consent for the library to be established. In 1978 the Village of Sundridge agreed to share their Library with the Township of Strong and formed the Sundridge-Strong Union Public Library.

In order to meet ever-changing needs of the community, the library has endeavored to keep up with technological changes while continuing to provide access to the printed word and promote literacy in the community

Close Menu