Welcome to the Sundridge-Strong Union Public Library
Sundridge-Strong Union Public Library
110 Main St.
Before 1897, no public library existed. However, there was a reading room rented by the village for $4.00 per month in the home of the local shoemaker. Here the villagers could read various newspapers, journals, and magazines.
A vote took place in the Orange Hall, January 5, 1897 and as a result, the electors of Sundridge gave their consent for the library to be established. As the years progressed the library became the Sundridge-Strong Union Public Library.
The resident population served by the library increased by almost 21% from 2,164 in 2007 to 2,610 in 2011. At the end of 2013, the library had an active membership of 776 individuals. This was a 26% increase in memberships since 2011.
In order to meet ever-changing needs of the community, the library has endeavored to keep up with technological changes while continuing to provide access to the printed word and promote literacy in the community.